Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wrinkles don't hurt!

There is always a lot to be thankful for, if you take the time to look. For example, I'm sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt. ~Author Unknown

Well, all I can say is that it's a blessing that wrinkles don't hurt! Because everything else does at the moment.

I don't think I can blame my aches and pains on the fact that I am a forty something first time mum as I know quite a few who are in pretty good shape! I think it's more the years of abuse I gave my body leading up to my forties. The overeating and partying lifestyle seemed like a good idea at the time but boy, am I paying for it now.

I suppose I am lucky that even though I was pregnant at the age of forty one, none of these ailments manifested until quite recently. I do think that my new positive attitude is helping me a lot though as I think in the past I would have just curled up in bed and cried. Also the fact that my little son makes me laugh every day is a big factor. Late motherhood doesn't come without its problems but with such a lovely child around, anything is bearable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback!