Friday, August 19, 2011

Untidy House, Untidy life?

Someone once said to me that an untidy house equals an untidy life.

I beg to differ on this one!  My house is untidy a lot of the time. However, as the author mentioned in my post says, 'it's a sign I have a life and not that I need to get one! Check out what I have written on the subject over at http://www.thewmparentingconnection.com/2011/08/untidy-house-untidy-life.html

As Erma Bombeck once quipped ' My theory on housework is, if the item doesn't multiply, smell, catch fire or block the refrigerator door, let it be.'

and I also agree that:

'cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to Sleep!  I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!' Ruth Hamilton

Remember! The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you do the work. --Author Unknown



Our house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy.  

8 comments:

  1. Actually my bedroom is very untidy but my life is perfectly (almost) under control, I would even admit to be a control freak in some case (I know, it's not a nice thing to admit but hey is true...). I personally enjoy disorder in a personal way, I often see those impeccable houses on magazines and they look cold to me. A bit of untidiness (or more of it) in a sense is what make a house alive.I whole heartily agree with your theory. - Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Barbara. I like what you say about it making a house alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny...but so untrue :) My house is always untidy...but I do have a family and a life! I used to be a neat-nick and kept my house like a museum. Not any more. Now, I get to it when I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need all my time available just to keep my life tidy! Hired someone else to keep my house tidy!!! Started following you



    http://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/2011/08/photographing-flower-power-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a very tidy person. However, when my son was growing up, the tidying was left until he went to bed, leaving us to enjoy and have fun together during the day. If the house get in a mess during that precious time together, so be it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tidiness is over rated. Good one, Claire

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and feedback!